This workshop teaches you how to bind a book using a special, creative book-bind technique. You start with making the basics of the cover – there’s a range of paints and templates to choose from. After that you learn how to bind a number of signatures in a special binding technique. You then focus on letter drawing. You will learn about various fonts and how to draw letters. After practicing the lettering, you can draw text and/or the title onto the cover. At he end of the day, you go home with an unique, handmade book that you can call your own!
Middelburg, The Netherlands
- The workshop space is located in Middelburg, Brakstraat 13 (ground floor)
- Time: from 10 am to 5 pm (walk-in from 9.30)
- The workshop is offered including materials, coffee, tea, soft drinks and an all-inclusive lunch
- There is room for a maximum of 6 people at a time.
- cardboard covers (these are preprocessed with gesso.)
- Acrylic paint.)
- Various templates
- Colored paper (for decorating the inside cover.)
- Paper signatures/pages (quality paper)
- Imitation leather and fabric (choice from a number of types/colors) for the binding.
- Various colors bookbinding-/wax thread.
Materials to bring with you:
- Pens, pencils and permanent markers of your choice (but at least a black and a white marker)