Small – smaller – smallest… in this workshop you will create a miniature art journal (approximately 2 x 3 inch.) I will provide different prompts and tips to create random pages but you can also work with a theme in mind. I will show a variety of mixed media techniques that you can use to create fun pages and mini spreads. After creating the pages, we will create a fitting cover and assembly the different parts into a small book. Depending on your experience and the additional time left, you can either glue or bind your mini journal. At the completion of this workshop you will have a mini journal filled with your own mini art!
Middelburg, The Netherlands
- The workshop space is located in Middelburg, Brakstraat 13 (ground floor.)
- Time: from 10 am to 5 pm (walk-in from 9.30)
- The workshop is offered including materials, coffee, tea, soft drinks and an all-inclusive lunch.
- There is room for a maximum of 6 people at a time.
- Cardboard to create a cover
- heavy weight watercolor paper for pages
- Tools & supplies to either glue or bind your journal
- Mixed Media materias such as acrylic paint, watercolor paint, watersoluble crayons, collage images & magazines, transfer paper, mod podge, small stamps etc.)
- Additional ephemera
- Extra (beneficial) tools & materials such as brushes, glue etc.
Materials to bring with you:
Soft (B – 2B) graphite pencils & eraser, paint brushes (primarily small brushes,) permanent markers and pens of your choice (at least black and white) scissors, glue (preferably a glue stick.) Although ephemera is provided I recommend you bring some of your own. A journal gets more personal when you use your own images and stuff like postal stamps, tickets, grocery notes, paper scraps etc. Be sure you have it in small sizes.